Adult DBT skills group based on Marsha Linehan's model. Learn the skills of Mindfulness, Emotion Regulation, Distress Tolerance, and Interpersonal Effectiveness, each in six week sessions.
Learn to become more aware of thoughts and emotions, let go of judgment, and have more acceptance of yourself and others. Learn how to balance your emotions, tolerate distressing situations and emotions and increase the effectiveness of your interpersonal skills. Class modules run consecutively. Contact me for start dates for each module.
Classes typically run on Tuesdays from 5:30 - 7:00pm
$300 for six, 90 minute classes plus $10 supply fee
Who Can Benefit from these Classes?
Anyone who struggles with the following:
- Identifying emotions
- Regulating their emotions
- Consciously experiencing and observing oneself and his/her surrounding events with curiosity and without judgment
- Seeing reality as it is
- Lacks a sense of self
- Has chaotic relationships or difficulty forming and keeping relationships
- Engages in impulsive behaviors
- Engages in suicidal thoughts/self-harming behavior
- Tendencies to avoid others and situations
- Dissociative tendencies
- Behavior dysregulation
- Maladaptive problem-solving
Mindfulness Class Objectives
- Includes mindful meditation at the start of every class.
- Incluses workbook, review of skills from previous week through group discussion, & new skill development.
- Learn to increase awareness of your mind, body, and surroundings by utilizing OBSERVE & DESCRIBE skills.
- Learn how to stay in the present moment and not allow you mind to drift into the past or the future.
- Learn how to find your WISE MIND and keep EMOTION mind and REASONABLE mind in balance.
- Learn to turn willful behavior into willing behavior.
- Learn how to be intentional with your attention and to strengthen the ATTENTION muscle.
- Enjoy the benefits of being in a small, group environment.
Class typcially runs in August and March
Emotion Regulation Class Objectives
- Begin to learn mindfulness skills or strengthen your current mindfulness rractice
- Learn to experience emotions without judging or blocking them
- Learn to identify obstacles to changing emotions
- Learn to become less emotionally reactive
- Learn how to experience more positive emotions
- Learn how to take action even when your emotions are fighting you
- Learn how to tolerate negative emotions
Class typically runs in October
Interpersonal Effectiveness Class Objectives
- Pracitce mindfulness meditation
- Learn how to be more skillful in asking others for help
- Learn how to say “no” when needed
- Learn how to get your opinions taken more seriously
- Learn how to strengthen your current relationships & how to build new ones
- Learn how to increase your self-respect & find more balance in your relationships
Class typically runs in January
Distress Tolerance/Coping Skills Class Objectives
- Practice mindfulness meditation
- Learn skills to help cope with immediate crisis situations/stressors without making things worse
- Learn how to stop acting in Emotion Mind
- Learn how to accept reality when you are unable to change it and it is not what you want it to be
- Learn ways to manage intense emotions
Class typically runs in April
Feedback from past DBT participants